The Sibon Baru catamaran was designed in Indonesia to run surf charter trips around the Islands in Sumatra.
It cruises at 10 knots and can reach up to 15. The crew is awesome and the chef excellent.
There are 2 route options. The north route going to Banyaks, Telos, Nias,… and up to the Playgrounds area in Mentawai. Or the Mentawai route from Playgrounds up to South Mentawais. Combining both routes is possible for an additional fuel cost.
The Sibon Baru Catamaran has 5 cabins with air-conditioning and 3 bathrooms, sleeping up to 12 guests. The dining and lounging areas are spacious and comfortable. The upper rear deck is the best spot to check the surf and enjoy an ice-cold sunset drink from your comfortable bean-bag.
The catamaran is fully equipped with everything you need for a safe and worry-free trip. There is a desalinator installation for fresh water, medical and first aid kit. The satellite phone, life raft and lifejackets are there in case of an emergency.
The crew will transfer you from the airport to the boat. You will leave the harbour during the evening of the first day, so you can have your first surf session in the morning. You will return in the early morning of the last day of the trip, to catch your flight back home.
– 12 nights / 11 days of stay aboard of Sibon Baru
– Padang Airport to/from Boat Transfers
– Three gourmet meals per day
– complimentary snacks and fruits
– Drinking water, isotonic, hot drinks, juices, soft drinks
– One 24-pack of the best local beer per guest.
– Use of equipment & amenities: SUP, snorkel/fishing gear and speedboats
– Photo Service (always available USD 300/person)
– Mentawaii Surfer Tax (about USD 80 per surfer)
– Airline tickets
– Travel Insurance ( make sure you have one ! )
– Alcoholic Drinks other than the Bintang beer described above\ (A wine/spirits list can be forwarded to purchase specific wines and spirits for you. A min of 60 days notice is required for specific orders.)